The Value of CWMA
The CWMA mission is to strengthen and support invasive species management efforts in Colorado and surrounding states.
CWMA is member supported, member driven nonprofit organization. We provide education, professional improvement, regulatory direction, and environmental awareness to preserve and protect our natural resources from the degrading impacts of invasive species (terrestrial and aquatic vegetation) in Colorado and surrounding states.
You can help keep Colorado beautiful and free of destructive invasive species.
Are you looking to renew? Click here to renew today.
The Value of Membership
CWMA members have come to rely on CWMA as the go-to resource that provides access to relevant, timely education and information and the tools necessary for success in our ever-changing industry. CWMA membership gets you direct access to:
- Connect with peers for support, advice and solutions
- Maintain your hard-earned license(s)
- Learn the latest identification and management strategies
- Increase environmental awareness among decision-makers and the broader public
- Advance your career and develop leadership skills
- Member discounts for events and publications
All members enjoy discounts on their favorite businesses. Earn discounts from Office Depot, Staples, Verizon, ADP, and more! Click here to learn more.
- Annual membership
- $100.00 per person for regular members.
- $45.00 for students or retired professional members
- Annual membership
- $400.00 for up to five people from your organization
- Seasonal members can be included in your group with names to be submitted after hire
CWMA Member Programs and Services
Professional Education and Training
Members receive a discounted rate at CWMA hosted education such as the annual Winter Training (formerly called the Annual Conference), the only state weed event where you can network with peers in our industry and learn best practices in weed management, and Spring Training designed to bring you and your new hires the latest implementation techniques and technician training. Earn CEC credits at either event to maintain your license(s).
Network and connect with professionals, suppliers, NGO’s and citizens for mentoring, support and advice. Get in front of members and attendees by becoming a sponsor or exhibitor of CWMA events.
Information & Latest Techniques
Stay on top of the latest strategies for identifying and managing invasive species through the following:
- Each month we bring you different weeds and steps you can take to eradicate or manage via our Noxious Weed Awareness Campaign.
- Our quarterly e-newsletter offers tips, trends, and upcoming events that you don’t want to miss.
- We maintain an informative and authoritative list of Colorado weed management lists and topics.
- We publish many noxious weed publications such as the Noxious weed of Colorado ID booklet and Noxious Weed calendar.
Scholarships and Professional Development Grants
Thru the Ray Kessler Memorial Scholarship, CWMA members can apply for up to $900 to help fund tuition costs or registrations fees for enrollment in courses and other formal educational programs to advance professional skills and leadership abilities. CWMA also offers Professional Development Grants to support members interested in attending the CWMA Winter Training or Spring Training.
Colorado for Healthy Landscapes Initiative (C4HL)
Our Colorado for Healthy Landscapes Initiative supports education, local outreach, stewardship efforts and invasive species management to keep our lands healthy. Through this program we offer grants and opportunities to our members.
Advocacy and Public Awareness Efforts
CWMA monitors and actively supports state weed legislation and regulations so you don’t have to. We offer unique opportunities to participate in new legislation and interact with legislators. We partner with groups and agencies on public awareness campaigns.
We encourage members to volunteer for one of our many committees and groups. What do you get in return? The opportunity to influence the direction that CWMA is heading, assist in the planning and development of CWMA products and programs, give back to the organization, and build your reputation in the industry.
Awards and Recognition
We award our amazing members for their outstanding efforts for managing and providing education of noxious weeds and control methods. Learn more about these award winners.
User-Friendly Membership Profile
Log into your online profile to renew your membership, register for CWMA events, and update your contact information.
Prefer to print and mail in your registration? Download the membership form.