Ray Kessler Memorial Scholarship Program
The Ray Kessler Memorial Scholarship is designed to help Colorado Weed Management Association members who are seeking to further their job-related education while continuing their employment.
Our hope is to be able to offer the opportunity to our members to develop their professional skills through education and training that they may not otherwise be able to take advantage of.
Up to $900 in scholarship funds are to help defray tuition costs or registration fees for enrollment in courses and other formal educational programs for the purposes of improving skills to become leaders in invasive species management.
- An applicant must be a CWMA member.
- Applications will be considered for assistance with the costs of courses and other formal educational programs in which there is significant potential for the applicant to advance his/her professional skills and leadership capacities.
- Acceptable educational projects would be: undergraduate or graduate for-credit courses; and short courses and workshops in agriculture, land management, invasive species management, or agribusiness, which provide a certification of completion.
- Conferences and Trade Shows are not allowable.
- Examples of courses/workshops that may be eligible include:
Similar courses may also be eligible.
Applications must be submitted using the official Ray Kessler Memorial Scholarship application form.
The application form must be submitted to the Committee Chair in November, annually. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications for 2021 are due November 13, 2020
- Award recipients will be announced at the CWMA Winter Training (formerly called CWMA Annual Conference)
A maximum of $900 per recipient/educational program/year is available. The award is the amount of the course tuition or registration fee up to the $900 maximum. The award will be based on review of application(s) received and available funds. The number of awards granted will be based on available funds as annually approved by the CWMA Board of Directors and the CWMA Scholarship Committee. CWMA reserves the right not to issue a scholarship.
The award check will be made payable to the applicable course provider upon receipt of acceptance into the program. Please note the scholarship does not cover meals, lodging and other travel related expenses. Announcement of awards will be made during the CWMA Winter Training (formerly called CWMA Annual Conference).
Eligibility for Future Awards
An individual can only receive one scholarship per year. When applying for a future Ray Kessler Memorial Scholarship, former recipients must also include proof of completion of the previously funded educational program. A lifetime maximum of two awards will be given to any one recipient.